A true story by Allegy UK.
In April 2019, Judith’s son, Ruben went to the cinema to watch a film with his dad. Sadly, he and his family weren’t to know, but Ruben would never come home again.
Born with severe allergies to cow’s milk, raw egg and soya, Ruben was always taking precautions when eating out. So, when he went to his local cinema and asked for his usual brand of popcorn, he thought he would be ok.
Ever cautious, Ruben flagged his allergies with the cinema staff and checked the ingredients were safe to eat. Unbeknownst to the teenager however, the popcorn had become cross-contaminated with milk, somewhere in the manufacturing process and it wasn’t safe.
Within 15 minutes of eating the popcorn, Ruben had a reaction. And just thirty minutes later, he experienced anaphylactic shock and slipped away in front of his parents.
He was just 14 years of age.
About Allegy UK
In the UK, 41 million people are thought to have an allergic illness. However, there is still a significant need for healthcare services for people with this immune system disorder. With the vision that everyone affected by allergy will receive the greatest care and assistance possible, Their goal is to increase awareness of allergy at all levels.
Allegy UK is a registered charity with nearly 30,000 followers on Facebook. They are a activive and established charity that helps people through their website with sevices like allergy allerts, a newsletter, translation cards and dietitian services for children 5 and under.
They are also the foremost national patient organization serving individuals with allergies of all kinds. In order to achieve their objective and help the millions of people with allergic disease live better lives, they collaborate with the UK government, professional organizations, healthcare providers, and businesses.
Sources: THX News & Allergy UK.