It seems like every day, there’s a new challenge going around on YouTube. Teens are taking them up in droves, filming themselves completing the challenges, and posting the videos for all to see.
But what are these challenges? And why do teens seem to love them so much?
In contrast, a YouTube short is a very short video, usually under 15 seconds. They’re often used as a way to communicate a message quickly or to show off creative editing and filming skills.
Let’s take a closer look.
What are YouTube Challenge and YouTube Shorts?
YouTube challenges are all the rage these days! Whether it’s the Ice Bucket Challenge, the Cinnamon Challenge, or the Harlem Shake, there’s no shortage of ways to get creative on YouTube.
But what exactly are YouTube challenges?
YouTube challenges are simply videos that challenge viewers to do something crazy, funny, or daring. They often go viral, as people love to watch others take on hilarious (and sometimes dangerous) tasks.
YouTube shorts, on the other hand, are much shorter videos that are under 60 seconds in length. They are perfect for quick and easy viewing on the go. Whether you’re looking for a laugh or a challenge, YouTube has you covered!
Which is More Popular?
YouTube challenges and YouTube shorts are both popular video formats on the platform. YouTube challenges usually involve daring or outrageous tasks that people attempt and record, often with hilarious results. YouTube shorts are usually shorter videos, under 60 seconds, that are creative and often funny.
Both formats are popular with viewers, but it’s hard to say which is more popular. YouTube challenges tend to be more viral and get more views, but YouTube shorts are more likely to be liked and shared by viewers.
Which one wins the popularity stakes?
It depends on what you’re looking for. If you want to see something crazy or funny, go for a YouTube challenge. If you want to be entertained for a short period of time, go for a YouTube short. Either way, you’re sure to find something you’ll enjoy.
Why Do Teens Like YouTube Challenges?
YouTube challenges are all the rage these days, and it’s not hard to see why. Teens love to push themselves to the limit, and YouTube challenges provide the perfect opportunity to do just that.
They also love to show off their skills and talents, and YouTube challenges offer a great platform for doing so. Moreover, YouTube challenges help to build community and camaraderie among teens. They provide a way for teens to connect and bond over shared interests.
So if you’re wondering why your teen is always on YouTube, there’s a good chance they’re just trying to keep up with the latest challenge.
Boys vs Girls: Which Type Do They prefer?
When it comes to YouTube challenges and YouTube shorts, boys seem to prefer the ones that are a little more physical. They like the challenges that involve trying to do something daring or dangerous, like the ice bucket challenge or the cinnamon challenge.
Ingeneral boys seem to prefer YouTube shorts that are action-packed and full of suspense, like those featuring people getting pranked.
Girls, on the other hand, seem to prefer challenges and YouTube shorts that are a little more creative. They like challenges that involve making something or artfully doing something, like the 100 layers challenge or the Lip Art challenge.
The girls seem to prefer YouTube shorts that are funny and heartwarming, like those featuring puppies or babies.
Most Popular YouTube Shorts in 2022?
YouTube shorts are all the rage these days! This year the most popular YouTube shorts keep changing but the following were all very popular:
1. “The Messy bun Tutorial” by Claire
2. “How to do a Cat Eye Makeup Look” by Sarah
3. “DIY Galaxy Slime” by slime princess
4. “5 Minute Crafts for Kids” by 5-MinuteCrafts Kids
5. “Kitten Bath Time” by Cute Cat Videos
6. “How to Make a Rainbow Loom Bracelet” by Emma
7. “Minecraft ‘EXPLODING’ Parkour with Stampy and Friends!” by Stampylongnose
8. “Jokes for Kids” by Funny Comics
9. “How to Do a Silly Putty Trick” by Cool Science Tricks
10. “‘ Baby Shark’ Dance and Songs for Children!” Pinkfong Songs for Children
Most Popular YouTube Challenges in 2022?
YouTube has become the go-to platform for creators and content viewers alike. YouTube challenges are a great way to get creative, have fun, and maybe even go viral. Here is a list of the most popular YouTube challenges in 2022:
1. The Lip Sync Challenge – This challenge is all about lip-syncing to your favorite songs. You can do it with friends or by yourself, and there are no limits to what songs you can choose.
2. The Dance Challenge – another fun way to get creative and show off your dance moves. You can do this challenge alone or with friends, and there are endless possibilities for choreography.
3. The ASMR Challenge – This challenge is all about creating ASMR videos. ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and it is a phenomenon that some people experience in response to certain sounds. To do this challenge, you will need to create a video that includes sounds that trigger ASMR in people.
4. The Prank Challenge – This challenge is all about pranking your friends or family members. You can do it alone or with a group, and there are endless possibilities for what you can do. Just be sure not to take it too far and hurt anyone’s feelings!
5. The Scaredy Cat Challenge – This challenge is all about facing your fears. Choose something that scares you and make a video about it. It can be anything from skydiving to going on a roller coaster to simply try new food. No matter what you choose, this challenge is sure to be both fun and challenging!
Whether your teen is into YouTube challenges or shorts, there is a good chance that they are trying to keep up with what’s popular. In this article, we’ve looked at the most popular options in both categories and discussed which gender prefers which type of content.
We’ve also taken a look into what the most popular YouTube shorts and challenges will be in 2022. So whether you’re wondering what your teen is watching on YouTube or you just want to stay ahead of the trends, this article has got you covered!
¡Gracias por leer!
Fuentes: Noticias, Social Blade & YouTube.