The Arts News
The Arts News
- A Survey of Black American Portraiture Is a Revelationby Caroline Ellen Liou on January 16, 2022
Black American Portraits features over two centuries of artworks centering Black artists and subjects.
- An Artist Finds Inspiration in an Inherited Archive of African...
- Tony Fitzpatrick’s Last Museum Showby Elisa Shoenberger on January 16, 2022
With what he says is his final museum bow, Fitzpatrick shines a light on the colorful diversity that composes his city.
- Racism Still Influences Cuban Arts and Culture
- A Portrait of the Last Six Years of US Politicsby Sarah Rose Sharp on January 16, 2022
Brink is not a fun book, and it shouldn’t be.
- Landscape Photography my Top 10 of 2021by Gary Gough on January 9, 2022
- Landscape + Woodland Photography Aviemoreby Gary Gough on December 29, 2021
- Landscape Photography BEST I COULD DOby Gary Gough on December 22, 2021
- Panoramic Photography DO WE NEED THIS?by Gary Gough on December 15, 2021
- Glen Affric AUTUMN COLOURSby Gary Gough on November 14, 2021
- Low Key Moody Landscape Photographyby Gary Gough on November 7, 2021
- PHOTOGRAPHY TIP guaranteed to make you a better photographer.by Gary Gough on October 24, 2021
Other Mixed Media
- David Hartt at Hammer Museumon January 16, 2022
August 21, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- ART CLUB2000 at Kunsthalle Zürichon January 15, 2022
September 18, 2021 – January 16, 2022
- Joshua Abelow with music and a performance by Jonny Campolo at...on January 15, 2022
November 20, 2021 – January 22, 2022
- Para Morelio at Peanaon January 14, 2022
October 9, 2021 – January 15, 2022
- Aura Rosenberg at Efremidison January 14, 2022
November 26, 2021 – January 20, 2022
The Arts Blogs
- Colored Timeby American Artist on December 4, 2019
American Artist discusses science fiction in the context of contemporary art and the concept of "Colored Time."
- Extending Beyond Craftsmanship, into Inquiry and Explorationby Dana Helwick on December 4, 2019
Dana Joy Helwick explains how, and why, she uses contemporary artists as role models in her classroom.
- Horror, Contemporary Art, and Film: In Conversation with Dan...by Art21 on December 4, 2019
New York Close Up artist Dan Herschlein, and professor, Chad Laird, discuss the intersection of contemporary art, film and horror.
- Action Verbs
- Mel Chin’s Fundred Project Takes the Next Step