- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed at Times Square stationby Sarah Vasile on January 17, 2022
When asked why he pushed the victim onto the train's path, he told members of the media, "I'm God."
- Hiker sustains ankle injury after 10 minutes on Lanikai Pillbox Trail...by Ray Anne Galzote on January 17, 2022
After only about 10 minutes on the Lanikai Pillbox Trail, a female injured her ankle, prompting HFD to airlift her to safety.
- Booth Road reopens after HPD investigates barricade situationby Linda Dela Cruz on January 16, 2022
Booth Road is closed between Pacific Heights Road and Star Road due to a police investigation.
- 'The unknown is nerve-racking:' Woman hasn't heard from family...on January 16, 2022
Reports say large waves crashed onto the shores of Tonga.
- Was it COVID, cold or flu? Here's how you can tell
- Meta Helps Connect Blood Donors With Blood Bank of Hawai‘i
- County Animal Control Launches Project to Help Shelter Animals Find...
- AARP Launches Digital Job Center for Hawai’i Veteransby Nathan Christophel on January 16, 2022
Hawai'i's Veterans and military spouses now have a new way to compete in today's job market.
- Several Hāmākua Coast Bridges to Benefit From Federal...
- State Reports 3,878 New COVID Cases Sunday
- Hawaii County Weather Forecast for January 16, 2022on January 16, 2022
Hilo Today: Mostly sunny with isolated showers in the morning, then mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the afternoon. Highs Read more →
- Hawai‘i’s 2 Endemic Butterfly Species, Including Iconic...
- Hawaii County Surf Forecast for January 16, 2022on January 16, 2022
Forecast for Big Island Leeward Shores Today Monday Surf Surf AM PM AM PM West Facing 4-6 4-6 2-4 1-3 South Facing 1-3 1-3 1-3 Read more →
- Hundreds of migrants set off from Honduras toward US border
- Your Views for January 16by none on January 16, 2022
- Obituaries for January 16
- Irwin: The challenge of doing the right thingby none on January 16, 2022
Iopened a fortune cookie a couple of weeks ago, and the slip of paper read, “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- 1 in 3 Americans now ‘alarmed’ by climate change. Why aren’t...
More Local News
- Hideki Matsuyama eagles 1st playoff hole to win Sony Open in Hawaii
- Kauai Fire Department makes multiple rescues on Saturdayby Star-Advertiser staff on January 17, 2022
First responders conducted multiple rescues on Kauai’s North Shore this weekend, saving both Hawaii residents and visitors.
- 49ers hang on late for 23-17 wildcard victory over Cowboys
- Brady throws for 2 TDs, SB champions dominate Eagles, 31-15
- Honolulu firefighters assist injured hiker on Lanikai Pillbox Trail